Probation Violation

A Spokane Criminal Lawyer Can Help You

You are a good person but you occasionally find yourself mixed up with the wrong people. The judge senses this, and instead of sentencing you to jail you are put on three years probation. You breathe a sigh of relief but the terms of your probation indicate that you are going to have to make some serious changes.
Some of the terms may include: regularly meeting with your probation officer at set times; appearing at any scheduled court appearances; paying fines or restitutions; avoiding certain people and places; not traveling out of state without the permission of your probation officer; obeying all laws, including minor laws such as speeding; refraining from illegal drug use or excessive alcohol use; and/or submitting to drug or alcohol testing.

You slipped up. Now what?

You shouldn’t panic. It’s also a bad idea to head for the border. Technically, the first person you should notify would be your probation officer. However, the best answer in almost every condition would be to contact Action Legal Group and speak with a probation violation attorney. They can advise of your best course of action. They can also go with you to speak to your probation officer. Depending on the severity of your infraction, your probation officer may just give you a warning.

Major violations

If, however, your violation is more serious, and more importantly if you were charged for a violation that you didn’t commit, having an experienced defense attorney by your side will help keep your probation intact. For instance, you may need an experienced Spokane DUI defense or marijuana DUI lawyer if you were charged with DUI.
No matter the severity of your violation the attorneys at Action Legal Group will help smooth over your violation with the court. Our experience and presence in the Spokane courts helps us to know the best strategy for you. If you have violated your probation or if you are currently on probation and want some extra support, give us a call today.

Leave A Response